Effective Date: [8/26/22]
How SCORE Collects Personal Information:
We may collect your personal information:
- Directly from you. This includes personal information we collect when you make a purchase, information you provide when you create an account with us, provide feedback, or otherwise engage with us. We may also collect information directly from you when you interact with SCORE by phone or at a tradeshow or event.
- From public or third-party sources. This includes personal information we collect from public sources including, but not limited to websites that enable social sharing, social media sites, and from our service providers, vendors and suppliers, our affiliates, or other individuals and businesses such as data brokers.
- From devices you use when you interact with us online. This includes personal information collected through our websites and applications and automatically from devices you use to connect to our websites and mobile applications.
- From you at in-person events.
Types of Personal Information SCORE Collects:
- Contact information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, or other similar identifiers.
- Payment information needed to process and fulfill orders such as credit card details, financial information, and shipping information.
- Account information such as a username and password, profile details you choose to provide, purchase history, and feedback and reviews you may leave on our products or services.
- Internet usage information such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our online services or advertisements.
- Inferences such as inferences drawn from any of the personal information identified so that we may better understand your preferences.
- Professional information such as information about your job function and role, title, professional affiliations, and employer.
- Other personal information you provide such as the content of your communications with SCORE, including interactions with us and contact with us both online and in-person.
How SCORE Uses Personal Information
We process personal information to provide you services and operate our business. Generally, we use personal information to:
- Provide and develop our products and services. SCORE collects information to provide our services, maintain our websites, and better understand the interests of our customers and visitors who use our services.
- Process and complete transactions. We may collect payment and contact information to process your transactions and deliver our products to you.
- Communicate with you. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and send you communications regarding our products and services, or your purchases and transactions.
- Research and development and quality assurance. We may use personal information to study, develop, and improve our products and services. We may also aggregate, anonymize, and/or de-identify personal information we collect and use it for any purpose, including product development and improvement activities.
- Security and fraud prevention. We may use personal information to monitor, detect, and prevent fraud and improper or illegal activity.
- Debugging. We may use your personal information to secure our online services including our network, websites, and applications and to debug our online services.
- Comply with law. We may use personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to defend ourselves in litigation and investigations, and to prosecute litigations.
- Internal business purposes. We may use personal information for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, and enhancing our services. We may also use inferences drawn from personal information to create a profile reflecting your preferences so we can tailor our services to you.
- Marketing and promotional purposes. We may use personal information for marketing and promotional purposes (e.g., to offer and administer our loyalty program, contests, sweepstakes, discounts, and other similar programs). You can opt into promotional offerings by following the sign-up instructions, and you can opt-out of promotional offerings by contacting us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for promotional offerings, which will be provided to you when you sign up.
How SCORE Discloses Personal Information
We may share personal information within our family of companies, including with our affiliates and subsidiaries, with our service providers, other vendors and/or affiliates, business partners and collaborators, and other parties at your direction.
- Service providers. We may provide personal information to vendors, contractors, business and service partners, or other third parties who provide services to us including analysis firms, advertisers, payment processing companies, shipping companies, and others.
- Collaborators. We may share personal information with collaborators with whom we jointly develop or promote our services.
- Government, regulatory, or law enforcement agencies. We reserve the right to disclose your information to respond to valid information requests from government authorities and judicial requests, to investigate potential fraud, or where otherwise required by law. We may disclose your personal information where we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate to comply with regulatory or legal requirements or to protect the safety, rights, or property of ourselves and others and to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights.
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or business transfer. If we sell all or a part of our company, your information may be transferred to the buyer.
- User content. When you provide a product review or post other user content, that content may be publicly posted. Other users may be able to see your name or other information about you that you post.
We do not sell personal information or transfer it to third parties to use for their own benefit.
We may also disclose aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information to third parties at our discretion.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
Depending on where you reside, you may have certain rights and choices regarding our processing of your personal information. These include:
- The right to know the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information collected about you, including whether that personal information is sold or disclosed and with whom it was shared;
- The right to access a copy of the personal information we retain about you;
- The right to request deletion of your personal information; and
- The right to correct your personal information.
We will verify your identity in connection with any requests and take steps designed to ensure that only you or your authorized representative and exercise these rights. If you are an authorized agent making a request, we may require and request additional information to verify you are authorized to make the request.
There may be situations where we cannot grant your request. Where we deny your request in whole or in part, we will take steps to inform you of the denial and provide an explanation of our actions and the reasons for the denial.
We will not restrict or deny you access to our products and services because of the choices you make in connection with your personal information, but please note, certain choices may affect our ability to deliver our services. For example, if you ask SCORE to delete your email address, we will not be able to send you emails about special offers and events.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information by contacting us using the details provided in the “Contact Us” Section below. Please note that while we will endeavor to honor your request, our removal of your content or personal information may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that information from our website. For example, historical copies, or “caches” may remain.
Shine the Light Disclosure
We do not share personal information as defined by California Civil Code § 1798.83 (the “Shine the Light Law”) with third parties, other than SCORE affiliates, for their direct marketing purposes absent your consent. If you are a California resident, you may request information about our compliance with the Shine the Light Law by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to American Soccer Company, Inc., 726 East Anaheim Street, Wilmington, California 90744. Any such request must include “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the email address or mailing address referenced above.
Your Marketing Preferences
If you no longer wish to receive promotional marketing materials from us, you may opt-out of receiving such materials. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing or other commercial emails from SCORE by following the instructions included in the email. We will work to comply with your request promptly.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Like many companies, we place advertisements where we think they will be most relevant to customers. One way we do so is by allowing network advertising companies with whom we work to place their own tools when an individual visits SCORE websites. This enables the network advertising company to recognize individuals who have previously visited SCORE websites and to serve you ads based on your web browsing activity, purchases, interests and/or other information—a practice commonly referred to as interest-based advertising or online behavioral advertising.
These advertising companies may also use these types of technologies to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone or a laptop, and serve you ads on websites you visit and applications you use.
Your web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your browser. If your browser is set to reject cookies, websites that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the website, and some website functionality may be lost. The Help section of your browser may tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies. To find out more about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org. Also, certain versions of the iOS operating system permit you to “Limit Ad Tracking” in the system settings, and certain versions of the Android operating system allow you to “Opt-out of Interest-Based Ads” in the system settings. Options you select are browser and device specific.
Here are some of the types of information collected when visiting SCORE websites:
- Log data: When you use SCORE websites and applications, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or app or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the webpages you visited that had SCORE features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used websites and cookie data.
- Cookie data: Depending on how you are accessing SCORE’ online services, we may use “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our sites, unique to your SCORE account or your browser) or similar technologies, to record log data.
- Social media plugins and data. Social media plugins (e.g., the Facebook "Like" button, '"Share to Twitter"' button) to enable you to easily share information with others. The operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our websites. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) while browsing on our services, the social plugins allow that social media website to receive information that you have visited our websites and applications. The social plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our websites and applications with other users of their social media website. SCORE does not control any of the content from the social plugins.
- Device information. We may also collect information about the device you are using to access our SCORE services, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers and crash data. To learn more about what information your device may make available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Some browsers have Do Not Track (“DNT”) features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform, and some browsers may not be set up to honor such requests. At this time, we do not look for or respond to DNT signals.
SCORE does not knowingly collect or use any information from children under the age of 18 (“Child” or “Children”), nor do we solicit personal information from Children. If you are a Child, please do not send any personal information about yourself to us.
If you are a parent or guardian and become aware that your Child has provided us with information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a Child, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
We take steps to secure our websites and applications; however, the confidentiality of information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting personal information over the Internet. SCORE cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not gain access to your information; therefore, when submitting personal information to SCORE, you do so at your own risk.
Third Party Sites
We may provide links to websites and other third-party content that is not owned or operated by SCORE. The websites and third-party content to which we link may have separate privacy notices or policies. SCORE is not responsible for the privacy practices of these websites.
Transfer of Personal Information Between Countries
If you have questions about your personal information, please contact us by calling us at 1-800- 626-7744 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In all communications to SCORE, please include the email address used with your account (if applicable), the website address or the specific SCORE program to which you provided personal information, and a detailed explanation of your request. We will do our best to respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner.
How Will I Know Whether SCORE Has Updated This Policy?
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. Federal and California State laws have created specific offences for unauthorized actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.